View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 09:22 PM

Default This is good stuff

Ok, so Greg, can you please tell us if this previously fired brass was out of your gun or someon else’s? AND do your know how many times it has been fired?

I think what we can conclude is that if it was fired from your gun you should have no problem having it fit for at least the first couple loadings (I can attest to this too), but if you are salvaging brass from someone else then you need to try a Collett die or bump die of some description to get it to fit in your chamber for a fire form then you can either FL size each time (not the best) or neck size until you have chamber tightness. At which point you need to address the pressure bulge with innovatives product or similar.

Dean2,

I appreciate your experience in this as I do Innovative, but I have been neck sizing my 300 win brass in a custom chamber for at least 10 loads until I experienced the same tight fit issue. I then used the Redding bump die and noticed it made contact at the pressure bulge. As soon as it went through this die it slid right in the chamber and bolt closed like butter. I think innovatives design would be the best at correcting the problem, especially for longevity. I am going to check my die descriptions to make sure I am correct here....

Innovative,

I read through all the questions and answers on the link you provided and I didn’t see a reference to the OP specific problem, which I still think may be because he used brass shot from someone else’s gun.