View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleberry View Post
Innovative,

I am trying to understand why what looks like pressure from the chamber on the edge of the shoulder of the OP's case is related to the pressure ring issue you speak of.

If the collet sizer is just pushing the expansion bulge back in wards, why would the shoulder not still contact and make the bolt close tight??
You are completely right, the collet die would not solve the ops issue. I have loaded belted mags for over 40 years and have never had to use a collet die, but then I only ever neck size my brass after the first firing and I use the same brass in the same gun always.

The bulge at he belt is caused by full length sizing, NOT by shooting the brass. Neck sizing I can easily get 20 rounds out of a case, and I have never had a case get too tight to chamber in any gun, belted or not, as the result of only neck sizing the brass.

The collet is of real value to people who full size their brass every time, like those who shoot levers or semi autos, and those who shoot 2 or three of the same belted mag and don't religiously keep their brass segregated by rifle.