View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 10:18 PM

Default Very important....

Was the ‘once fired brass’ fired from your gun or did u get it from someone else?

My brothers and I have all reloaded various weather by calibers for minimum 25 years each. We have found that, for instance if my 270 wby fired brass was reloaded, the new reload won’t fit into my brothers 270 gun and vice-versa. Found this to be the same situation for 257’s. Not that I think this is caliber specific it just seems to be typical of weatheby’s period.

Reloading for weatherby calibers is problematic because it seems very hard to duplicate the factory ammo in both Velocity and precision. You may get lucky from the start, but you can spend a lot of time and money trying to find the right combination of powder type, powder weight, bullet and OAL.

Having reloading all my adult life I am now finding myself buying factory ammo for my weatherby. I don’t shoot it a lot so a box or 2 a year is not big deal to buy. Good luck with finding the solution.

Another question: what gun are you shooting? Is it a weatherby mark V, vanguard or other make?? All the guns I am speaking about above are all mark V, some of similar vintage and some purchased 30 years apart.