View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
These are my thoughts .....

My view is simple - (Trump) trying changing the rules (after the fact) to make himself the winner is something that has been repeated in history by dictators ...... is this democracy or should we be wide awake and aware what it playing out before our very own eyes? Love him or hate him this is OVER THE LINE.

I support Trumps rights to legally challenge any result where he believes there may have been wide spread, or systematic fraud causing him to loose an electoral college (or state). Fully support it - we want the truth.

But we should NEVER allow this type of intimidation, fraudulent, underhanded and treasonous behavior.

xxx

A couple articles about this - I think this one speaks to the republican and conservative dilemma we are all facing....

I read lots of news, I don't love the Washington Post, bit this one stuck out for me because it explains the dilemma for us who may not like Trump, but also do not support a democratic liberal government...

But that’s been harder to defend this week, as Trump turned to a darker tactic to stay in power: asking Republican lawmakers to change state law about how electors are decided and give those electors to him. He invited the top Michigan Republican lawmakers to the White House on Friday, and he called a local Detroit Republican election official after she voted to approve that city’s results.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ans-ditch-him/
Grass roots democracy vs aggregated popular vote and/or party rule has won so far on such somewhat subversive efforts. (Democrats doing this in 2000, 2016. Any others before???? )

As President, Trump still has incredible emergency powers so we’ll see if he tries to use them to retain power beyond the mid-January transfer to Biden.