View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Management plans are directed appropriately both protect fisheries and maximize value for the anglers.
If management plans are, as you said, "directed appropriately," what's the reason behind this thread? Sour grapes?

Quote:
Anglers want variety and many as noted above desire quality. In order to do this they didn’t make all fisheries quality but just a few with appropriate regulations and management requirements.
Do you claim to speak for anglers' wants, ice fishermen included? Sorry, I believe the ACA has a far more educated opinion.

Quote:
So for you to then infer all fisheries need to be the same...stock 8 inch trout...kill 5 eight inch trout a day on my limit and repeat doesn’t meet the request of license holders.
No inference made. I never mentioned size or daily limits on stocked Put-and-Take fisheries in man-made reservoirs. The fact is a $ from a fly fisherman is worth the same $ received from an ice fisherman

Quote:
Those seeking a straight put and fish out take lake...there are far more of them around to meet that requirement.
Nothing more than your opinion.

Quote:
So it would seem you are biased. An ice fisherman should have priority over an open water fisherman who seeks more quality fish.
Biased against who? I never said an ice fisherman should have "priority" over an "open water" fisherman. My argument is that a stocked Put-and-Take fishery in a man-made reservoir paid for with licence fees and taxpayer dollars should be open to everyone.

Quote:
How is that any but selfish versus fair?

I would also say that you, and everyone else angling wishes to fish where there are fish to catch. A classic example is Mount Loretta ponds.

From stocking to two weeks after it is a constant stream of people coming, killing their limit and sometimes coming back the same day. After two weeks. No fish are left. Only people who don’t have a clue what’s happened continue to try and fish there.
And those fish are from stocked Put-and-Take fisheries.

Quote:
So from you perspective...as long as you can ice fish it...that is a well managed system?
Not at all.

Quote:
Seems like either you are trying to push button or simply fail to see a one type lake management style doesn’t fit for every lake.
My dissenting opinion, nothing more.