View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep dog View Post
Not at all.

I simply said a Put-and-Take stocked trout fishery should be open to everyone, ice fishermen included. Put-and-Take stocked trout fisheries are funded through licence fees and taxpayer dollars...the $ from an ice fisherman has exactly the same worth as the $ from a fly fisherman.

Who are fly fishermen to exclude ice fishermen from the same man-made reservoirs for the same Put-and-Take stocked trout?
Management plans are directed appropriately both protect fisheries and maximize value for the anglers.

Anglers want variety and many as noted above desire quality. In order to do this they didn’t make all fisheries quality but just a few with appropriate regulations and management requirements.

So for you to then infer all fisheries need to be the same...stock 8 inch trout...kill 5 eight inch trout a day on my limit and repeat doesn’t meet the request of license holders.

Those seeking a straight put and fish out take lake...there are far more of them around to meet that requirement.

So it would seem you are biased. An ice fisherman should have priority over an open water fisherman who seeks more quality fish.

How is that any but selfish versus fair?

I would also say that you, and everyone else angling wishes to fish where there are fish to catch. A classic example is Mount Loretta ponds.

From stocking to two weeks after it is a constant stream of people coming, killing their limit and sometimes coming back the same day. After two weeks. No fish are left. Only people who don’t have a clue what’s happened continue to try and fish there. So from you perspective...as long as you can ice fish it...that is a well managed system?

Seems like either you are trying to push button or simply fail to see a one type lake management style doesn’t fit for every lake.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin