View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spruce View Post
Tork,

Think of one of your employees telling clients that they can only shoot moose that are under 50" (without your knowledge). They influence other guides that work for you to do the same. Before you realize it your a guide service that shoot only bulls under 50"....you would obviously fire the lot and right the ship....When a Bio does this (twice now), being a government employee They cannot be touched. Both the cabin policy (this year) and the Relinquishment policy (last year) came from the same Bio in the lower Athabasca region without any formal government review or meetings with stakeholders (both illegal). Neither document holds weight any longer because of this. All fact.

Spruce
Interesting, and thanks for the clarification Spruce

I was still under the impression that the Bio's as a whole including supervisors had rolled out both these policies, or where at least on board with forestry backing the cabin policy.

It is interesting that if one Bio came up with the relinquishment policy that others jumped on board so quickly without any actual formal approval. With the applications for the widows line in RMH and my own transfer delays in Grande Prairie they fully believed that was the new law. Even to the point where when they finally did allow the transfer they gave me a summarized "riot act" about how there would likely be a new policy by March 31,2018 and to expect my new line to never be worth anything because they would decide who got it next time.