View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddisman View Post
It has been a journey for sure just having a puppy and trying to learn all about that. when to push and how much. The gun introduction has been going way better than expected. Started with cap guns in the backyard while playing. took her out shooting at targets with the 22. Then trowing clays and the 410. This week I introduced a 28 gauge after the 410 and no flinching or a care in the world. Next week I hope to introduce a 20 gauge and hopefully buying some chuckars. Need to WWbirds to see if I can buy some.
Does anyone do training where you don't have to leave the pup for a week or a month, don't think I could bear a month without her.
You don't need to send her anywhere for any type of training this year. Simple obedience and house manners (recall, sit, stay, heel). This year is about fun for you and your pup while putting her on lots of birds. Minimal expectations while hunting.

I'd contact WWBirds and ask him if you can buy birds, and if you can pay him to spend an hour with you and your pup to just chat about what you should be doing this fall, and proper introduction to live birds.

Here is a link to his website...

http://www.whitewolfbirds.com/fee_structure.htm