View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
If you guys learn to bone out your game you won’t need to build or buy these heavy supports. If your going to butcher it on your own you can bone it out in the field and fit an entire whitetail in a regular sized cooler or in a spare fridge. It’ll keep nice and cool in the fridge if it’s frozen it’ll thaw out at a nice controlled temperature and when your ready to cut half the processing will already done. you can get a big enough fridge you can fit an entire moose or elk in there if you watch kajiji sometimes there free.

I’ve included a link to randy newburg boneing out an elk for the guys that are interested. I’ve totally shifted from quartering and sawing or gutting and dragging to this method. It’s Easy to pack and transport not difficult and dosnt take a lot of time and all you need is a knife.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny5z3kJWbn8
100% couldn't agree more. Got a full moose in my super large Costco cooler with a little left over in a regular Coleman cooler. Hauled it out in my VW golf. It only takes a couple hours to do solo, with two knives and a pocket sharpener. And with a couple buddy's it takes less time than it takes us to share a 6 pack. Heading out this weekend for Archery elk. Got the cooler in the truck, I'm set.