View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
Ive been using a Hardy CC click drag for the past few years with my 3wt. This past August it failed on me for the second time while I was a couple hundred vertical feet down in a canyon with my other gear in the truck. So again I spent the day fishing with a twig jammed in there so it wasn’t free spooling. The Hardy system relies on a plastic drag clicker that apparently breaks pretty easily. The last few seasons I probably use this setup more than anything else so while I’ve gotten a couple spare clickers from Mikes reel repair I’m thinking I want to replace the reel. I’d prefer to stay with a click drag but the options are limited.

I don’t like the Reddington Zero, it feels cheap.
I was interested in the Echo Shadow click but that’s got the same plastic clicker.
The Sage Click and the Ross Colorado are both $400, ouch.
The Orvis Battenkill click is a small arbour, I’d prefer large.
Is there another option I should look at or is it time to say forget it and buy a disc drag?
I had the exact same problem with my Hardy ultralight, on my 3 weight, so I did the same and received a half dozen clicks under warranty, I threw my even more expensive (supposed higher quality) Ross on there, and went right back to my Ultralight, I just love the way it functions, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a higher maintenance real, sorta like a 1911 vs a Glock! (Sorry for the firearm reference)!