View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 05:57 PM

Default Need Stock Duplicated, Where Do I Go?

So my beloved Husqy 30-06 I recieved from my grandfather has problems!
It has a small crack behind the tang. This evening when i pulled the stock off to relieve that pressure point i seen that the recoil lug area has two major cracks and the wood thats in the sides of the magazine well is cracked and splintered.
I do believe its beyond repair and likely to get worse rapidly (it went from just the slight tang cracks to this in 2-4 boxes). It seems to me that the best option is to get a duplicate built for it. (If there is other options pls enlighten me!). The sentamental value of this rifle is very high, also, i dont just want to retire it.
I dont really know where to start with this though, i want the work to be done by a trusty person that can ensure a quality result. Im not looking to get very fancy wood but elegant and very strong/durable is important. Also I’d like to keep the original shape/form as its very slim and enjoyable to use. I would prefer it to be checkered to the pattern of the originalz
And finnaly whag kind of price is this work likely to have? 600$? 800$? 1200$? Or more?