View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyd View Post
Good man. You'd be surprised how many people have no clue and just assume that as long as they only catch X number of fish per day they can just load their freezer.

I just misread your statement about keeping your 5 per day. I assumed you lived near a trout pond and went every day. I meant no disrespect. You know what they say - when you assume you only make an ass outta u and me!
No Disrespect taken mate!!
I could never see the reason why barbed hooks have to be used on "put and take" reservoirs and lakes, since the fish are intended to be killed anyway.
I remember seeing a young mother and her 5 year old son out at east pit lake one day about 5 years ago, the poor kid had a micky mouse float in the water and was absolutely bored with fishing. My wife and I were off the shore about 20 meters and I heard him say to his mom, "That lady and man are catching all the fish!"
My wife and I had just caught two nice trout on the water boatman patterns that we were using.
I kicked over to talk to that young boy and his mother. I put a casting bubble on his line and a water boatman pattern that I tied up below his casting bubble. I taught him how to use that rig and in no time he was hauling in fish.
His Mom was so happy she started to cry.
The poor kid was using worms on a barbless hook and they would simply slide off when the hook hit the water. As far as I see it, the barbless rule just turns kids away from fishing because of situations like this.