View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACKER View Post
You never know what goes on in the kitchens when you are sitting at the table.When you are at home there are no reasons not to keep prep areas and food clean.That being said since covid I see people going overboard on the sanitizing.Ive always said a little dirt never hurts you.Hard to build up immunity when everything you touch is getting bleached.When it comes to eating out you cannot control what you dont see.Im sure there isnt a single food establishment where something wasnt properly done to clean/prepare food.The only way to eliminate uncertainty is to never eat out again im sure nobody will ever do that.
As a kid working at DQ we were very good at washing hands and cleaning. I would clean equipment hard every night. Re-rinse hoses for ice cream well every morning.

All food in the freezer or heater or served fast.

In fact any mistakes made I would find someone who looked like they could use extra and just gave it to them instead of throwing out. If a cone was made by accident I would give it to a child leaving the restaurant.

No wasted food.

We did have one incident of a person who was about to be fired caught urinating in the pickle bucket. I watched as supervisor dumped it out.

I have heard horror stories at fast food places lacking adult supervision

Hope it’s rare to have a bad apple working there these days.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin