View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I blew out the side window on a couple of rental cars over the years. The one was a huge rock about 6" in diameter thrown out of the duallies by a flat deck going the other way. I could see it coming but could not get over far enough, did manage to keep it from hitting the windshield. The shotgun pellet effect is 100% the broken glass going down the side of the car at speed. The cost to fix that was a LOT more than the window replacement. You have to paint the whole piece, no way to just touch it up and look right. My Visa had the waiver insurance, it covered both instances. Second time, just lost the window, no paint damage. If it were me, I would not be talking to my insurance unless I ran into issues with Volker. I would however get an estimate on the paint work as if you are over $2000 for glass and paint you must file a report at the police station and technically you need a police report to get it fixed. The report is supposed to be done within a certain time period.
I didn’t think about needing a police report. Since it wasn’t a vehicle accident do you still think a police report is needed?

When I read this…

https://www.thinkinsure.ca/insurance...n-alberta.html

I don’t think my situation qualifies?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin