View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 07:11 PM

Default So what’s the odds of getting a rock throw a side winder by a Volker Stevins ditch tractor mower?

Ummm.

For me 100%

What a pain. A two hour drive with no back window…followed by vacuuming out glass from everywhere.

Looks like a couple small shotgun blasts to the side of the car as well… like all chipped up from other rocks or maybe the exploding glass,

And yes…the window exploded. I thought side windows would be shatter proof.

The sound of the glass blowing out sounded like someone firing a gun from the back seat.

Anyone deal with Volker Stevins and this sort of thing? I had to special order a new window in and it’s not getting here until Thursday.

I made phone and email contact with Volker. No insurance paperwork yet.

Also…anyone have experience with shattered glass in the car? I vacuumed it lit as best I could. Still felts a few chards then vacuumed some more. Any trick to getting glass out or should I get a professional to do a once over?

As for the paint chips… I guess an auto body shop in Calgary. Any good suggestions?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin