View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 12:16 PM

Default x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I was in Canadian tire South Edmonton Common yesterday getting some brakes for my son and decided to check out the sporting goods section.

First browsed the firearms, then moved on to the fishing tackle department, that’s where I came across the deal of the century! There, locked up in the glass showcase was a Shimano Calcutta 400B, the tag on the shelf said “Clearance $74.98” I think I ran to the salesman and told him I wanted that reel, so we went back to the showcase where he proceeded to unlock it and remove my reel. We went to the till at the sporting goods desk and that’s when he said “Oops, I can’t sell you this reel for that price”. I said what do you mean? It was locked in the showcase with a clearance tag for $74.98??? He said I’ll call the manager. He got off the phone and said “I can sell it to you for $289.00”, I said no thanks, I’m going to go talk to the manager. So I went downstairs and got the manager, brought her up to the sporting goods section, showed her where the reel was locked up in the showcase and told her where the clearance tag was (now it was removed though), and she said “Ok, come with me I’ll ring it through for you”.

Happy Day for me, I’ve been looking for a good deal on a Calcutta for probably over a decade, I haven’t found a used one for under $100, so yesterday’s find was awesome.
Should have bought 2...
WDF