View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 04:15 PM

Default suppliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeprli View Post
I deal with pork and imported goods, so far no increase in prices from my suppliers.

Wage top ups, ppe supplies...gimme a break...it's a retail store, it is supposed to be clean...i've yet to walk into a store where personel wears ppe, face mask of questionable origin and quality certainly does not apply as PPE.

I'll bet most retail stores that remained opened had at least 30% increase in sales compared to same period last year or years prior.
Who is your pork supplier? I am able to buy direct through Maple Leaf Winnipeg and their pricing has been climbing regular. Skyrocketing in fact.
Face masks-50.00 day for starters, plexiglass dividers at stations (anyone familiar with the cost of plexiglass even before this mess!?) , and another 3.00/hr danger pay to lure people to coming to work instead of staying home on government pay. Sure I could have easily made your 30% extra. The demand was there, but everytime someone had a sniffle and they did a trace-back I lost half my crew. That and the added costs from MY suppliers, and I would have rather stayed home on quarantine and drawn the cushy government money too!