View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokey75 View Post
I'm not sure I understand the plan here. Spend a ton of money to rehab a fishery and then additional costs for construction and aeration installation (not to mention cost of running them) only to keep it a limit of 5 fish put and take lake? To me that is not a wise use of ACA dollars.

I would be all for rehabbing the lake and aerating if something was changed in the regs to make it a QSF fishery with regs similar to Muir....or even just a reduced limit of 2 fish/person. I have looked for any proposed changes to regs and have found nothing. Please let me know if I am mistaken.

A reduced limit would actually begin to teach people about conservation....something that just happens to be right in the ACAs mission statement (in the name even).

All this does is continue to promote over fishing and condition folks to keep more fish than they actually need. At a crazy cost. Your license dollars.

Makes no sense to me.

J
I have not heard about regulation changes either.

That said, makes sense to me. Things like this that improve a fishery is money well spent. Who said everything needs to be under "quality" regs? A balance is fine by me. Some on it, some not. And how knows, maybe they do have plans to change the regs in the near future.

It is a good news story to me.