View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
It's refreshing to see that AB's Firearms Advisory Committee isn't stacked with over-zealous anti-gun nuts, like the federal one.

Those are what I call hate groups: they have an overdeveloped bias against something that they really don't know much about, they are chock full of misinformation and have chips on their shoulders and they want others to share their disdain. Basically the same pattern as any hate group you can name.

Being the victim of a random shooting, while tragic, does not make a person a firearms expert any more than being struck by a car makes one a qualified mechanic.

I recently read a very good comparison on a pro-firearm FB group where a man wrote about how his grandmother, she was a Jew from Europe who had survived the Nazi's and their death camps. He noted that while she was a great lady, she carried with her throughout her life a seething hatred for Germans, even those Germans who were born well after WWII had ended. She could be relied on for many things, but she should not be in charge of what happens to Germans. I wish I had saved that one as it was quite striking and well-written as he compared her attitude to the organized anti-gunners and what drives them, which is hate.