View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Fisher View Post

By the way, has anyone ever fished the outlet down to the North Sask River? My buddy walked it with a light action spinning rod and said there are hundreds of jackfish to be caught. He even caught a nice 50< CM walleye by the culvert just downstream from the lake.
A beautiful walk. Your buddy must have done more walking than fishing I'm sure. Lots of bushwacking.
Years ago I walked and camped along the creek , from the lake down to Hwy 39, but I was hunting, not fishing. Back then there was more bush long the creek's length. I am sure there are some fish in the creek at certain times of the year. Not a big creek though. I remember 40 years ago seeing some FN families netting buck lake creek right next to Hwy 39. Downstream of Hwy 39 buck lake creek merges with the modeste creek. I still enjoy fishing the BL creek almost where it enters the river. Nice in the fall.

Originally most of the creeks that were connected to lakes had fish migrating up and down from the lakes to the river. I have wondered.... fish migrate up the creeks from the NSR river to spawn but I've always thought the fish maybe migrated to the lakes to winter too. I remember local old timers that were here from 1900 that told me they used to fish creeks like Conjuring, Weed, Strawberry and other creeks and would catch all sorts of pike, walleye and suckers. And they would fish the entire lengths of these creeks. At that time most of the creeks were quite full of water.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets