View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Do you know they falsely accused them. Did they tell the Syrians they were actual terrorists or did they tell the Syrians they were on a watch list. That's two very different things. If Canada said they were terrorists why didn't Canada arrest them while they were here. I kind of doubt Canada phoned up Syrian Authorities and said that these guys are terrorists and they should arrest them. More like Canada said we been watching these guys, heads up they are going to be in Syria you might want to keep an eye on them. What Syria does with that is beyond Canadian control. There are watch lists of thousands of people all over the world.

You or I might be on a watch list because we might have been seen talking to a neighbor who is on a watch list, related to someone who is, work with someone, maybe you checked out a website while surfing or clicked on a internet link off a forum or facebook or friends with some on facebook, instagram, etc. That's all it takes to put your name on a list. Doesn't mean your guilty of anything but if you go to one of those countries they are going to look into you. You don't have the same legal rights in those countries, you could be picked up and arrested or at least watched. You go into a mosque, the wrong restaurant or shop that is suspected or people in there that are suspected unknownst to you, it doesn't take much to get the wrong attention noticed and picked up. If you say the wrong thing or act the wrong way your going to be in deep kaka. I say if you go to those places your on your own. Travelling to these countries can be very risky, they run your ID or passport and somehow your name comes up because you clicked on some website 4 years ago you might never see daylight again.

I don't believe its the Canadian gov'ts responsibility what these other countries do with information they are provided. I think these lawsuits are ridiculous. If that Canadian blew up a school or something while visiting Syria and Canada didn't give them the information that might have prevented it then the blood is on Canada's hands. The Gov't is in a catch 22 situation. Should they be held accountable? Either way it's a dicy situation and mistakes will be made, unfortunately innocents will get caught up in it. Best not to put yourself in that situation, stay away from those wacked out countries whether you were born there or have family friends or weddings to attend your throwing the dice if you go there.

I know i was on a watch list,that was six years ten months ago.
I haven't moved on completely it is a work in progress.