Thread: Scotch
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Bumpity bump

Hey Twisty tried the new Highland Park Dark it's their new non age stated Single Malt....real good reminds me of Bowmores Darkest.
Funny you should bump it today. My wife went out and got me a birthday present yesterday (ok, I picked it out ) and it is also Highland Park. I figured since you weren't going to get me a bottle of the 25 yr old, after tampering with Rugatika's post count, that I may as well let my honey treat me for my 48th.... I may crack it tonight, then tuck it away.

I've seen the Darkest on the shelf and been tempted by it as well. I know the Bowmore darkest is a great dram, so figure I should try the Highland Park some time.

Most recently, I have become a huge fan of the Oban 14 yr old, and decided I prefer it to the 16 yr old Lagavullin. It just seems to hit all the right spots on the palate for me, and is lovely smooth on the finish. And, I did finish off that poor bottle of Benriach Authenticus. It was a really interesting whisky, in an exceptionally good way. It had the typical Speyside notes of honey, heather, vanilla...and then all these really great Islay notes of smoke and licorice (not much peat). On the surface of it, one might think it would be a conflicted whisky, but it actually worked amazingly well, very balanced. I'm pleased to have another bottle tucked away, it may not survive over the long term!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone