View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
O.K. the town of Pincher Creek is trucking water, same for Lundbreck, and I don't know about Beaver Mines.

The reservoir has no water, and as far as snow goes here in Ciochrane we are getting very little, about an inch.

The province is now having meetings with "stake holders" about water use. I feel that I am a "stake holder" too but I don't have my livlihood tied to the water availability.

O.K if this helps, if it begins to snow or rain hard and we have no problems, that's great, on the other hand if it doesn't, what is the plan? Who decides who gets how much of the water that is left?

Is there a group that represents the people like me who use the river and its fish as a hobby?
The allocation of the water downstream of the Old Man Dam is the problem. The Crowsnest River itself is normal. Beaver Mines is also getting water trucked into the Village. Trout unlimited might be of interest to you in regards to the river but fisherman are also one of the worst abusers of the fish in the rivers of this drainage.