View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I believe the answer is, less then one in 100,000
The question is, do you want to be caught without, if you happen to be the 1 in 100,000 who needs to stop a bear.

No, I understand and you are right. Statistically it makes no sense to pack bear protection. But something about having a close encounter where you know the bear intended to hurt you, kinda makes the statistics seem senseless.

It's like buying fire insurance on ones house. If one is fire conscious, the chances of loosing ones house to a fire is about the same as having an outdoorsman having dangerous bear encounter.

I buy insurance, how about you?
Funny, I happen to know a whole pile of people who's house burned down. So yeah, I buy fire insurance. I know a ton of people who work in bear country every day, most of whome dont pack fire arms. So why exactly is it that the only people I personaly know that claim to have been threatened by a bear are pencil pushers and mill workers who spend a only a fracion of their time anywhere near a bear?

Just sayin as all, you wana leave your camp chair home and pack a rifle instead thats your problem. You wanna talk about knife fighting grizzlys or shooting them with handguns in the nostril from a range of several inches, well I think I've made myself clear on that nonsense.