View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme hunter10 View Post
There are guys that can do anything. I know guys that only want to hunt with throwing knives and spears. i know archers that can hit 80yrds consitantly but never take a shot that far during hunting season. Are you sure that 117yrd shot wasnt done with a cross bow? I find it pretty hard to imagine the angle a person would have to aim at to get the arrow to go 117yards. I find it not only tough to imagine aiming a bow at that distance ut being accurate? sorry, if that shot was made, (which i seriously doubt) with a compound bow? I dont see it happening. I dont believe it for a second. cross bow yes. easily. a compound bow... no f-ing way. not at 117 yards.
I have seen antelope dropped at 70-80 yards with a compound bow. but adding another 37 yards to hit a white tail? i need to see that in person before i believe a farce like that.
This post somes it up pretty well.......

This OP does not know jack about bow hunting at all or anything to do about archery gear.....

Trust me 100yard shots are VERY doable......
Crossbows are way more range restricting than a compound bow.A compound bow takes years and thousands upon thosands of arrows down range to be able to even try a 60+ yard shot....
Do a lot more research before comeing on hear spouting BS...