View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 11:28 AM

I too work in a stressful environment. We have one of the highest suicide, alcohol and substance abuse in North America. With that aside, I find alot of stress is partially personality and the rest is how you live your life. I find what works best for me is:
-Healthy diet
-workout regularly (everyday if possible)
-try your best to remind yourself daily why your there
-I constantly think back to my really crappy mcjobs as a reminder as how good I have it now
-family life is important! It's the small things that matter, greeting your loved ones at the door when you come home, tucking the kids into bed, sitting around the dinner table and talking about your days. These things are what make up our lives, vacations, hunting, fishing trips are nice but let's face it. Those things might take up a couple weeks a year and are not our everyday lives
-If you have a hobby, get good at it or take pride in it.
-Maybe teach a child or a friend your passions.
-clean your room. This can be literal or a metaphor. Keep your environment neat and tidy, take pride in your yard work, tidy up the house, organize the garage, clean the car, ect. Believe it or not but keeping your environment neat and tidy promotes a positive attitude. This then expands to others through your and grows outward.
-be apart of your community. Find time to donate your time to others. I like to tinker so I build stuff and sell it for charity. Or I take new hunters out and help them become educated and show them a good time. Bringing a smile to someone else for no good reason really goes along way with your mental health.
-lastly be vocal. Take your time to talk to people you don't know. When your at the till make small talk to the people in line, put away your phone and stay off social media when that time could be spent conversing with others in person. This one is my weakness but I'm getting better at it.

Keep your head up partner. The fact that you already recognize there is a problem is the hardest hurdle. Some people go there whole lives thinking they live around alot of jerks before they realize that maybe there attitude/stress is manifesting the jerks around them.