View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 08:14 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
Need some advice,

I got a pretty stressful job. Was brought into a new plant our company bought to help get this new place aligned like other facilities.

Was a great move and was promoted. Old job was easy as i knew it in and out.

New place is hectic and will be for quite a few years id guess till all the people and processes turn around. Noticing my self not sleeping, feeling wound up and not happy sometimes.

Im just about 40 and have worked away from home for the last 20 years.
I got 2 young boys and am starting to think about my future and if the job/money is really worth it in the long run. Wife would like to go back to work and would like me home.

It would be a huge change if i left but i think id live longer....i have been good with my money and could find something in central AB to survive.

Anyone else have to make this decision before? And if so whats your advice?

Sometimes you just gotta take your vacation days all at once, break away, sit and ponder with your wife what's the plan, money and stress is not the answer to your indicated problem...just take the time to step back and you will find what works but going into the rat race neck deep everyday will break you mently, physically and possible pour over to your family life.
Seen the outcome of both sides.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...