Thread: Wolf trapping
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
You have to remember too nube that you walked in at the end of 10 years of government poisoning, shooting from choppers and trying to kill every ungulate within a hundred miles of you.
That’s a big reason you had so many sick and mangy wolves you were catching. Half starved to death and in rough shape to begin with.
In areas with a healthy wolf population it would take years and years to knock those numbers down to where you are now.
One guy in Northern BC killed 50 plus a year for several years in a row before he saw any difference in their numbers.

That being said I’m sure the ungulates you had left are very happy you thinned out what was left of the wolves lol
Yup it's a new ballgame I started to play and I got lots to learn. It's been a fun ride but it has put a dent in the time of me catching a lot of other species. I think a little less effort in the wolf Dept is on my radar for next year and might try to get back to where I was at when I first started and hit the marten and cats a bit more and even just catch the coyotes on some bait sites.