Thread: Wolf trapping
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
I know some guys that were killing wolves on your side as well over bait. Not sure if it was you line or not but I bet it all helps. I'm amazed at what taking a few packs out of the equation does and makes me wonder what the Govt has been doing all these years. It doesn't take much to fix an area. Took 3 short years where I am but it took time and a few bucks out of my pocket. Enjoyed every min. of it! I have a couple small packs I can hit but it's not worth it to me to continue on the way I have been. The bounty the Govt is paying me isn't worth it I figure after talking to a few people now about it and how much money is available. We will see what they put in my pocket and if it is worth it to continue on to the degree I have been trapping these beasts
You have to remember too nube that you walked in at the end of 10 years of government poisoning, shooting from choppers and trying to kill every ungulate within a hundred miles of you.
That’s a big reason you had so many sick and mangy wolves you were catching. Half starved to death and in rough shape to begin with.
In areas with a healthy wolf population it would take years and years to knock those numbers down to where you are now.
One guy in Northern BC killed 50 plus a year for several years in a row before he saw any difference in their numbers.

That being said I’m sure the ungulates you had left are very happy you thinned out what was left of the wolves lol