View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post

Is it possible that CWD is natural? Sure its possible. Is it probable that its natural and has always been here? Doubt it. Seems that its been pretty well mapped and followed.

Answer your question enough hoss?
After researching yesterday your two answers are opinion based no one knows When CWD started, How it started or how exactly it is transferred. To assume it has not been around for milenia is just an opinion same as how it is spread through BAITING like so many have said on this thread, not one scientist has any proof its just an opinion. The only fact is a very small percentage of deer and elk have it and the first time it was found was in the 60's as this was when testing started. If this is the case how in 40+ years has CWD not spread throughout north America like cancer as some would say? What has more of an affect on our Game population CWD or the poor management from our province such as killing all the doe's in Alberta?

But I have to tapp out on researching this issue as I have my own 50 page thesis paper to write, and all I have found to my questions is the same answer it is unknown.
If someone continues researching this topic and can find factual information as to WHERE CWD originated? (Not in 1967 because of a test I know this already) How CWD originated? How CWD is transferred? And if this is a natural disease or something created through human involvement.
Please P.M me
Thanks in Advance
Justin