View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 11:39 AM

When I bought my first Toyota at Mayfield in 2000, I was told to just bring it in when it needed it, and it would only take 30 minutes, just like the lube shops. First time I brought it in, the shop said, why didn't you make an appointment? When I explained what I had been told, they said OK, have a seat. 2.5 hours later, I got my 4Runner back. Next time, I made the appointment, for just after lunch, on my way home. When I got there, I was told that they were a little backed up, so it should only be 45 minutes. 3 hours later, I got the 4Runner back. The final straw was when I had a weird rock kicked up, and it broke my driver's side mirror. Made an appointment, with clear description of what was wrong, and brought it in. I was asked, where is the mirror? We cannot order that, you need to do it through our parts department yourself, and when it is in, just bring the truck back, and we'll install it, no appointment needed. I ordered the mirror, and when phoned that it was in, came in with the truck. Then I was told that I should have booked an appointment, and anyway, they were now booking 3 weeks ahead. I left, and never went back to any Toyota dealer shop.

Vic