View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
ok guide, you are pro draw or more time between tags. yup, that would reduce hunter numbers, and therefore provide more mature rams in those areas. so far so good. but then you argue both sides again. guys would complain about only getting to hunt every 5 years or so. well, you cant have it both ways.

as a trophy hunter, i am willing to wait longer to try for a big buck, yet there are opportunities for the meat hunters as well. thats all im asking for with the sheep.
For the first question I said that if guys have to wait more years to get rams they will be unhappy but also said to get camera and get hunting. People dont need a ram every 2 years.

You are comparing to the meat hunting of deer but why should we leave a zone open with twice as many hunters going into it? All its gunna do is make sure there are no legal rams around and more small sheep to be shot. Sheep meat is great but I guarentee that no one goes out there with a ram tag in their pocket thinking, gee hope I get a meat ram today. If you need meat by some doe tags!!!!!

Sheep is a trophy animal and anyone that cant wait a little longer to kill a ram or longer between rams has their priority wrong.