View Single Post
Old 09-18-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
Don't know who that would have been but it is vommon at gun shows to see same people with same over priced wares. I recall trying to buy a used sp5 in 28 gauge when they were selling for $3700 new at reputable dealers a few years ago. I offered him $3500 cash on the spot but he said he believed they were worth $4000 in vancouver so eould not budge off his asking price of $3895. He probably still has it. I got turned down on a kimber pro varmint in 204 yesterday. I was willing to go $1000. Since I had rings on my table for it and was looking at a nice zeiss on another table. He was asking 1185. His counter was 1100. That is fine I needed another varmint rifle to add to the 5 I have like I needed another hole on my head so I talked myself out of it using the would need a nice scope and reloading dies argument
Guy's name was Renee, featured in Canadian Firearms, had a fire that destroyed his stock in trade and no insurance would you believe. He brought all the relics to a couple of gun shows and was looking for "reasonable" offers.

Grizz

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8