View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 08:45 AM

First off, you need to get some MagTech 24 gauge brass, trim it down , anneal it and form it in a sizing die.
HOWEVER here are the tools you need too load your snider cases after they have been fireformed , notice the absence of any dies.

Decapping is a simple procedure of holding the case in a gloved hand , and knocking out the primer

The new primer is seated using a Lees punch with a hole in the end ( the MagTech brass has a dome in it) Or a dowel with a small hole in the end.
There is no danger o9of settiing ioff thhe primer is there iis full contact on the cup. I showed the pic on my vice anvil, but you can do it on the bench using nickel under the case

The powder is then measured ( note that this measure is set at 70)
and the appropriate amount of cornmeal set right on top of it-I doo not use a wad to separate them.

After that, an .035 wad or similar thickness is placed on to of the cornmeal to stop the lube from migrating down and getting stuff stuck onn the base of the bullet

The final step is to lube the bullet. You can use several different types, I have shown Bore Butter here buut my favorite is a lube from Paul Mathews' book on BPCR loading. Some people use a 50/500 mix of beeswax and lard, and I think that is close too what the original was.
After that, the bullet is simply pushed down until you hit the end of the grease l=groove, that gives you 2.5" if the brass is trimmed correctly.
Fire away with any questions or comments , because I have surely taken something for granted that is important!
Cat