View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 02:51 PM

Well, I laid a few clams down with The Gun Dealer in New Brunswick and have a new Savage 110 Storm Lightweight in .308 on its way. A 5-1/2 pounds and $944 shipped with tax in I couldn't go wrong.

I did end up talking with a member who has one and he felt they were really underrated. His is in 7mm-08 and while I wouldn’t mind another 7mm-08 the .308 was my first choice.

FYI, the Gun Dealer had one each in .243, 7mm-08 and .308. I tried every place I could in BC and Alberta and I couldn’t find one. Most shops had distributors who showed a 7mm-08 but none listed the .308 so they are rare. And none of those distributors would see new stock until late winter or the spring. Covid is really messing with their stock.

I’ll post some pics and do a review once I get it. While I have no doubt the light weight Kimbers and the Sako Carbonlight are in a different league this may be a decent option for the budget conscious buyer that is still looking for a light weight stainless rig.

Oh, and thanks Teledogs for pointing me in the right direction with the Gun Dealer. Much appreciated.