Thread: Stupid Stunts
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 01:18 PM

I recall heading out on the north atalntic in a dingy with plastic paddles...
the wind came up and with 2 minutes I had carcked off both paddles and the air in the dingy was compressing...

Scaling cliffs with rocks coming out from above and noting but ocean and rocks below (my sister actually fell fromone and had be rescued with ropes, and stretcher and gear,...she lost her sense of smell and spent along time in the hospital)

I once tried to swim from a government wharf to a beach accross the cove.... got cramps half way...

Shot a sea duck once and was on my belly on a big slanted rock trying to reach him with my finger tips...swooooop...right into the ocean, mid february and in the dark...

Stupidest thing was once watching a buddy try and prove himself by chugging a flask of london dock...

it was funny for about 15 minutes...

Then he fell, split his head, had a little seizure and we all freaked the fak out!!!!!!

Did som crazy stuff when I lived in Jasper... one invloved a weapons drawn approach from multiple officers...

I remeber one time, we were at a college bar when a hockey team when arrived,...they were half drunk and pretty rowdy... one bumbed into me and put his cigarette through my new shirt... I told him to appologize,..and then he fell a step to the side and stepped on my grilfriends leg,...I asked to appologize to both of us...

he said I will be right back, and he returned with what must have been 12 guys and 3 or 4 were pretty good sized.

The big fellow said, "what's your problem"...I told him about my shirt and his buddy.... he told me "he did you a favor, your shirt is *** shirt" as his buddies laughed and puched in on me.

I said fine... I head butt him and managed to throw 5 or 6 of the best connecting punches I have ever thrown...must have been 4 guys on the floor and a couple golding their noses....

A full on brawl ensued, lights all turned on in the bar, music turned off, 5 ot 600 people drinking and running like crazy while about 50 or 60 were on the dancefloor going crazy,..chicks and all.

How no one was killed, I will never know.. I remember watching a guy fall backwards down the 20 step flight of stairs and then hit his head on the exit door....

Just some crazy stuff...

Watched a buddy hang a guy out the 3rd story window of the Chateau Jasper ready to drop him...

I have often wondered how I ever managed to make it...

thinking back, and this what scares me as I now have my own kids,...
I din't see the danger it,... never a second thought...

You go out and fight with guy and that's that,..but what he falls backwards and hits his head, or you getcharged with assault,.etc. etc.

What if you do fall off the cliff, or go through the ice on the sled,...etc etc.

I find myself talking more and more like Dad all the time...lol