View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Never did. Antiquated low pressure military round vs modern match round. What someone “can” do with handloading, custom barrel and reamer, fire forming, etc isn’t relevant to what it is. Probably the most annoying thing in the gun world.
I’m not sure what you are getting at here?

Both will shoot the same projectile, at essentially the same speed, using the same amount of powder. If we buy the same say, tikka, one in creed and one in Swede, I would bet the accuracy is exactly the same too.

Getting into a match rifle, why is a $7000 custom creedmoor ok but a Swede isn’t? Also anyone I know that shoots competitively with the creed hand loads, so why are you saying that I can’t compare apples to apples. Why aren’t we comparing a Swede to creed based on a match rifle running handloads?

The only advantages I would give the creed is its shorter action and it’s much easier to find brass for thanks to its popularity. Outside that, the creedmoor really hasn’t improved in any meaningful margin over its 125 year older cousin. I’m certain Hornady reformed the 30TC to take advantage of the already proven 6.5mm components popularized by the Swede.