View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
Why not? If I saw a house on fire, first thing, call 911, second check if there's anyone inside, whether that involves me going it or not depends on the situation. Zero training.

You're still comparing apples to oranges..

What you are talking about is if you saw the arsonist leaving the scene. But I don't know any firefighter that would chase down the arsonist vs put out the fire.

Ok.. who pays? We already pay for LEO's out of our taxes.

Here's an idea.. did you know the RCMP are severely understaffed? Why not apply for a job? Encourage your ex-military friends to join.. Hell, even if just one joined and parked their cruiser out front, crime in the area would drop.
Do you know how the funding works now? And how much 1 Leo costs? Clearly not.

And as for training with the fire department. Do you know how to put on an SCBA, do a proper search, check for hazards, know how to self rescue, how to do vehicle extrication, medical assist, and traffic? That doesn't even get into TDG, S&R, Industrial FF, what to use to put out a fire, ventilation, Pump operations, etc.... theres a lot of training to get a good firefighter. As I said you dont just join and the next day your going into a structure fire.

So just like Fire Departments there would be a lot of training for these POC Peace Officers.