View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
Well the trip want pretty good from the start, crossed Hummingbird to the ram trail, hiked to the crossing of the ram in the ranger area, rising a foot and thats all fast flowing, Friday and Saturday fly fishing was blue water clear, so after waking up on Sunday, the ram was muddy over night, so we packed up camp and walked out, until the hummingbird crossing, I was swept down stream, the Hummingbird was a foot higher, caught a big rock and recovered to the south bank, but my friends got across , so I asked them to go to the trail ride people to get me across, all went well with the horse crossing, now still recovering from the hummingbird crossing rising a foot.

From now I will be asking for the horse to get me across both ways. Thanks to the people there for there help, did not get to older guys name, if anybody was it please pass it on.
Years ago a fellow riding his horse across that crossing got caught up in the current and drowned. I can't recall if the horse survived or not, and IIRC this was a very experience rider.

BW