View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
I have a nephew that got his medical degree in Australia as a foreign student and stayed. He is a surgeon and doing very well.

Our son toured Australia several times and wanted to stay (he had numerous job offers) but his girlfriend now his wife wanted to return to Canada. They are settled here with kids now but with worries on the future here, see the Australia decision now as a missed opportunity.
I have had job offers in Australia in the past but at the time the wife wouldn’t go and now I am close to Australias 45 year old limit so likely going to be off the table. Promised the wife we would stay in Canada till her mom passes(old and has cancer) so I am here till then as I keep my word. With direction Canada has headed my wife kids regrets that I didn’t take the offers in the past. Really I am up grading my education right now to broaden our options if needed even

We have a decent amount of friends/family that have left Canada for different countries and none are trying to come back

When you know people in other countries it’s even clearer how messed up Canada has become