View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
Thanks for posting this. I don't even follow Lowrance's releases any more, and I have a Carbon 16 and two Carbon 12s on my boat. Livesight was a complete joke.

They have to do something though. LiveScope is raping them in tourneys down south.
Yeah, Lowrance has been bleeding sales to Garmin everywhere since they launched LiveScope.

I know several die hard Lowrance guys that spent $3-4000 buying a dedicated Garmin setup just to have LiveScope and ran both brands on their boats.

The new ActiveTarget appears to be every bit as good, maybe even a little bit better, and it’s plug and play right into your existing Lowrance network - at half the cost. I’ll have one for sure, and no doubt I’ll have to go through another steep learning curve like i did with Side Imaging, LiveSight, etc... lol.

I’ve been using LiveSight for the last year and a half or so, it’s not LiveScope, it was never intended to be, but it’s far from being a joke. It’s got a learning curve, but once you figure it out, it’s a great tool to have. The really wide beam angle and lower frequency mean you cover a lot of water, the downside is the clarity and “picture like” resolution aren’t there. You can watch your bottom bouncer in real time, and if you’re fishing vertical, the ability to see your lure and the fish in real time is very cool. I don’t think I’ll be getting rid of it, I can see where you’d “need” both depending on what you’re doing.