View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
They had a archery shoot at Red Deer Centemum years ago.
Competitors from all across Western Canada.
One of the fellows had an aluminum arrow explode on release as it took out his bow holding hand. It was bad, real bad. Apparently the aluminum arrows where tracked back to a bow and sporting goods store that had caught on fire the year before. Another shop picked this arrow shafts up on sale since there was no fiscal damage that could be seen on them,,, but after the law suit it was determined that the arrows substand damage in the fire. I'm not sure of all the details to this incident, but I'm sure there are those on this forum that remember what happened that day. The sad part of it was / is, that this archer person got seriously hurt.

Don

Yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
I've had a riser snap at full draw, cable strung wrong and cam cut it, cracked nocks, cracked limbs, overdraws break off, sight brackets break off. Seen one where the limb snapped off, couple of snapped risers, few strings let loose due to unknown reasons, couple of people bonked on the bean with flying pieces. Some were faulty maintenance, some faulty product, some bad design product, some had brain farts.
Double yikes. Ok, glasses. gotcha.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....