View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 03:11 PM

WOW!!!!!! HAd my first Beaver experience through ice. I am still sweating
Man that sucks
So I ended up using the ice auger for the most part. I hit a few green sticks near the end of the hole so I just did most the hole with the auger and ice chiseled the rest. It worked well. I found out that I suck at finding runs and cut a pile of holes. Feedbeds were not really visible so it took a bit on the one lodge to find the deep spots vs the areas they were not using. I ended up free hanging 330's baited on the trigger and on the trap jaws with green shaved poplar and put them basically just under the ice 6 inches and it was another foot to the bottom of the mud. Hope it works. I got 3 in at one lodge and one set at another. Will see what happens by tomorrow I guess. Had fun either way.
I think I will go try another couple lodges in the next week here and try to snare a few. Plan to wire a green pole to a dead one and hang 3 or 4 snares off of it and hope that they come in and do circles around the green pole while they feed on it and get tangled in the snares. It you got suggestions for me let me know please. I will try to take some pics next time as well.