View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 02:11 PM

My most used knife is my spyderco waterway. This thing has lived on my bait board for five years and sees constant, hard use.

The last time I took my decky fishing he was on a marlin, moved laterally from left to right and hit the hilt of the knife that was sticking out of the bait board snapping it off

It was like the loss of my left hand. I haven’t seen one of these for sale in the past four years and they’ve been discontinued. Hence the reason it was the LAST time I took my mate on the boat.

So I did what anyone would do and TIG welded it back together. Unfortunately the heat vaporised some of the apex although it now lives to cut again.

Then I scoured the web and found that warriors and wonders (blades Canada) had stock so I had two brought over the other day restoring the harmony on my boat.

Bit of wear over the past five years. Difficult to see if they’re not held over each other but I’ve worn it down about 1/8” along the edge.

Best saltwater boat knife I’ve run across and a pity they discontinued it. Now I will reprofile the old blade to blend that gouge out and smooth up the edge. It too will see boat duty again.