View Single Post
Old 12-28-2021, 02:27 PM

I bought gold medallion BLR as my first rifle. Kept hunting with borrowed bolt guns still until I bought my own. One problem being the medallion is “too nice” to take to the bush which is where I spend most of my hunting time. Another was it took forever to set up properly with a scope due to not being able to find the correct bases and whatnot. I actually got sold two different sets by the “pro” shops (one here and one in Ontario) that never matched the rifle (one set was installed and it would not shoot worth poop, lol; we could not figure out what the heck was going on). Then I got more clue myself and found proper hardware. Another “problem” is cleaning - an unnecessary pain in the butt. And so on.

I recently wanted to pick up another lever, but it wouldn’t be a BLR. Couldn’t find any I was interested in. There are a couple available at the local Canadian Tire, but those are also “fancy” levers worth around and over $2K, which is not what I want. There are way better rifles available at that price point.

This is not the way of talking anyone out of it, just the “process” I went through. If you want one, buy one. I tried looking yesterday trying to help you out to no avail (well, aside from the wrong calibers I posted yesterday, lol).

It looks like at this point, the way to go is to put a deposit down (it appears most need as high as 100% and 50% refund in case of cancellation). Or just wait and hope for one to pop somewhere. Posting an ISO thread here and the gun nuts might be another way to go.

Good luck!