View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD111 View Post
Now that is it fixed, might as well ask how you like the bike? Pros/cons? In the spring I want to buy a something like what you have..
Well , as 57 year old beginner rider, I can't tell you to much as I have nothing to compare it with. I wanted a dual sport in order to explore a bit of highway, forestry roads and easy back trails. I have no interest in motocross type riding with jumps and aggressive riding as i am not in the greatest shape and have knee issues and such. Just want to ride casually at my pace.
I decided to buy a used bike as I was not sure if I would even enjoy it and that way I was not into a $6000.00+ unit. It was hard to find a reasonably priced bike, but I ended up with this 1996 Suzuki DR350ES. So far it has been a joy to ride with great fuel mileage. A bigger tank would be nice! My bike runs great so far. The only issue I have, is with me and my lack of experience and confidence in riding on gravel roads or soft sand/dirt. I don't understand how the bike reacts and I want to tense up and hang on for dear life in those conditions even when going slow.I'm scared to fall and dump the bike and get seriously injured. I know most would probably say If I am that scared or uncertain, I should not be riding. I am good on pavement, just the other stuff is the issue.
Anyway I love my bike and I will keep trying at my pace until I understand how to ride in those conditions.
Thanks to all that have guided me in my purchase and the shifting issue.