Thread: Atco Energy
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanotherbuck2 View Post
The reason for Atco re-entering the energy sales at this time has nothing to do with the economy, the contract they signed with direct energy to provide downstream services including gas and electrical sales has just expired. For over a hundred years Canadian western supplied energy to Alberta Customers at a fair price! Atco selling sales and downstream services is one of the issues that led me to leaving after 17 years! Great to see them returning to the core values that CWNG had before the Atco take over. Massive lay offs is a huge over statement as most of the people being let go are of retirement age and have their full pensions ahead of them, several of my friends and past co workers were on the fence about retiring, but they were offered 60 weeks severance to go nice parting gift! Others stayed that did not have a defined pension benefit, they have not been forced to take the buyout. Only a handful of people have been let go that did not fall into this group, and I do feel sorry for them. The world is always changing and big businesses do they same. There are definitely going to be a few more people loosing their jobs and that a shame but I can't wait to sign up and get my energy under one roof again!
Yup✅