View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Camping: tent, trailer, or otherwise. What's everyone's pick? Been tenting, kind of want to get into a trailer, but not sure it would be worth the overall hassle of one. No kids or fam, just my buddies and I. Tenting has so many advantages but can't help but think a nice little trailer would be awesome for camping for periods longer than 3 days.
I have had everything from a rollup tent to a 38' 5th wheel.

Tents leak, campers have to be pulled and parked, and fixed, and repaired, and money spent on them, then bearings done, then try to get the mice out, then spend money on them, and then depreciate like a dodge truck seeing rain the first time. Oh a drop of water, half!

All kidding aside, a nice little 5th wheel can be had for quite cheap now, I have a 26' that will be for sale in the spring that is half ton towable. They offer the best room, are easiest to tow and maneuver, (or is that peopleuver, thanks Trudope) and you can put a boat behind them.

NOTHING beats sleeping on the boat, on the ocean other than a nice hotel room or your own bed. They all get tiresome if you have to use them a lot. Go out and check out a bunch, get all the specs and make sure every single thing works before you buy.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....