View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I never took the course, and I don't plan on ever taking it, as after 47 years of hunting, I see no value unless the regulations change, and it becomes mandatory. The questions asked online about the regulations, by people that have passed the course , lead me to question the value of the course. I feel the same way about the PAL course, many people that pass it, still seem to not understand much about the regulations.
That’s the rub, the Hunters Ed teaches to the hunters part in conservation, ethics, game management theories, game identification, field craft, hunter safety, and firearms safety and basics. There is virtually no reference to the hunting regulations or wildlife act, except to mention it’s recommended to become familiar with them.
The course hasn’t changed in 50 years, and if it taught the regulations it could possibly be re vamped every year, which would then mean, re training all the instructors every year. Oh ya what about the guy who took the course um teen years ago, when the regulations change?
Maybe all you guys spouting about what the course doesn’t contain, should actually take it!

As for the CFSC there’s such a light dusting on the legal side of it(documents, transport, storage, classifications) its more focused on safe handling storage and transport, which by the way is explained at the beginning, they actually tell students to go seek the act and regulations, and stay current of any changes that come forth.

If all the supposed wants were included it’s be a 5 week course.

By the way Elk, how many electricians did you meet that could remember that motors and transformers don’t follow the amperage ratings and circuit protection rules from the general sections of the code book. Same thing, not everybody retains stuff like you or even I do.

The Hunters Ed is a joke anyways, it’s colourful curtains on a rotten window frame. It looks good from a distance, but really doesn’t do much for those in the know.

There are no absolutes