View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
Because thats the responsibility an organization accepts when they make a deal.
Same as AHEIA being the only organization in Alberta for Firearms course completion registration and keeping copies of PAL testing results. They are required to do so. They should have digitally entered all known documents, like all other organizations did when computers arrived.
If AHEIA has no record, how can a prosecution ever hold up in court, based on a paper cards existence or not?
But I still have my card, and actually my book, one of the greates books produced and on the shelves and bookcases of many hunters still today.
First off, in a lot of cases there were no paper records to convert. The records they got from the old program were at best "Spotty". Second, almost all companies that converted paper records only digitized ten years at most, many did 5 years and less. That is why most licenses of one sort or another have to be renewed on a regular basis. To retain records of something that is effectively good for life, and has no requirement to notify on death, is highly impractical.

Finally, as long as you have a copy of your Certificate, wallet card or other proof you took the course, like a high school transcript, they will issue you a new Certificate at no charge. If you can't find any proof at all it takes between one and two hours to retake and pass, which if you can't do easily after many years of hunting means you needed to take the course anyhow. I think that is a pretty reasonable accommodation.